First to pioneer the use of HP blade technology for render farm application in post-production environment.
Deployed 192 HP blade servers with 250 HP high end workstations, all connected to Force 10 E class switch and deployment of Hitachi enterprise storage for data back-up for century communication ltd.
Leap 2 is in continuation with Leap 1 which was started in year 2008. As you are aware Century Communication Ltd. is one of the largest Post production houses in India. Century has post productions studio’s in India by the name on Pixion at Mumbai, Chennai and Noida and outside India by the name of Molinare and Men From Mars in London.
Leap 2 was started after the success of Leap 1 where Century identified, tested, evolved and mastered the Blade technology to best suit its work-flow. Leap 2 saw the deployment of 192 high-end servers and 250 graphical workstations connected to an enterprise switch from Force10 having 1200 ports in single chassis and high throughput HNAS storage from Hitachi powered by Bluearc controller.
In leap 2, century focused mainly on Green technology. Century was planning a new venture, a new post production in Mumbai. New business challenges faced by Century were –
- Energy that was required to design and run the data-center had gone up by over 50% then last year.
- 50% more cooling and power required to run the new data-center.
- Since there is growing pressure on faster deliveries of end products, more computing power is required, hence pushing the need of real estate, which is fast becoming a big challenge.
- Managing the bottom line.
- Positive impact on environment.